Skip to content
- Every year, an estimated 2.1 million older Americans are victims of physical, psychological, and other forms of abuse and neglect.
- 1 out of every 14 cases of elder abuse is reported to authorities.
- Victims of abuse later in life are typically 50 years of age and older and are primarily women.
- In approximately 90% of cases, perpetrators of abuse in later in life are spouses or family members.
- Perpetrators can be spouses, partners, adult children and grandchildren, other family members, caregivers or other individuals with ongoing, lasting relationships with the victim